We are a member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating, and adhere to the BBB Code of Business Practices.
We have at least a 10% discount on practically everything we sell on the on-line store. There is also free shipping in the lower 48 states of the USA on most orders over $100.00. These terms are in addition to any posted sale prices. Check the Terms of Sale Tab above for details and exclusions.
After leaving Graduate School and a short stint on Active Duty at the U.S. Army Chemical Center and School, Dick Hourigan took a Boiler Water Research position in the Laboratories of Dearborn Chemical in Lake Zurich, Illinois in January 1973. He worked in both the Research Section and in the Analytical Section of the Laboratory and also held positions in Waste Water Treatment and Water Treatment Sales. The time at Dearborn culminated with his promotion to Technical Director, providing Technical Support of the field sales force.
Subsequent positions included:
- Sales Manager for a Regional Water Treatment company in Cleveland, Ohio;
- The start up Manager and subsequently the first General Manager of a Hazardous Waste Treatment Company named Chem-Clear which is also in Cleveland. This plant has since been purchased by Clean Harbors, Inc. and remains viable today.
- Seven years as a Sales Representative for The Mogul Corporation out of Chagrin Falls, Ohio.
- Water Treatment Consultant for Cleaver Brooks Boiler Service in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
In December of 1992 Dick founded Richard Hourigan, Inc. as a Northern Illinois & Southern Wisconsin Water Treatment Company. In January of 2011 Dick relocated the company headquarters to the state of Delaware.
We continue to service local accounts in the field that are within a reasonable driving distance from Bear, Delaware.
Additionally we provide:
- On-line global sales through our store,
- Technical consulting to small Water Treatment Companies who cannot afford to hire a full time Chemist or Technical Director,
- Management of Corporate Water Treatment programs for National or Multi-National field locations, and
- Expert Witness Services for those who need help dealing with unscrupulous or in competent water treatment companies.
Learn more about our Expert Water Treatment Services
We are always looking for ways to help market our water treatment services. Thumbtack is a good way for us to show off our expertise in industrial and commercial water treatment services. Check out our listing to learn even more about what we do!
After leaving Active Duty, Dick Hourigan continued on in the US Army Reserve for and additional twenty eight years of Military Service, retiring at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and receiving the retirement award of the Army Legion of Merit. During that time Dick held five command positions, including two tours as a Battalion Commander. He also served for fourteen of his twenty eight years in the US Army Special Forces (ABN). After retiring from the Army, Dick worked briefly as an On Air Military Analyst to WIFR-TV in Rockford, Illinois during the lead up to the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
In March of 2009 Dick opened www.TheWaterTreatmentStore.com to sell our water treatment products in a global market. In January of 2010 Dick opened www.MissedPerceptions.com which is a forum/blog. The purpose of this addition is to facilitate communication with global customers. In 2011 Dick relocated the company headquarters to the state of Delaware. This state with its large number of corporate headquarters can serve as a power projection platform to propel our global sales objectives.
We also maintain a membership in The Association of Water Technologies (AWT) to create an opportunity for continuing professional education in Water Treatment, access to new products for our industry, and regulations that may impact on the future of industrial and commercial water use.
Richard Hourigan, Inc. is a member of the Association of Water Technologies (AWT). In August of 2009, Dick Hourigan was elected to a three year term as a member of the Board of Directors of AWT.